24 September 2009

I can see clearly now ...

... the dust is gone! But of course, I didn't actually take a photo to show you the difference between yesterday's sky and today's. You'll just have to believe me.

Cynthia K and Stefanie told me that the dust storm made the news in Canada and the USA. I'm amazed! Many of you kindly hoped and prayed for rain with me, Hippomanic Jen reminded me that in this brown dry land, 'rain' is nearly a myth, Swift Jan and my Crazy Sister left their windows open with disastrous results and I nearly made Heather cough from the opposite side of the world.

I just want to let you know that I am reading all your kind, witty and insightful comments on my blog, even if I'm not responding to them much nowadays. Most of the time I'm within arm's reach of my little laptop nowadays, I am feeding Joseph. This means that I only have one hand to blog/comment with, and if that's my left hand, it's very difficult indeed. Mainly because my computer is on my right.

But, not wanting to end up with one large saggy breast and one small saggy breast in old age, I have decided to continue feeding on both sides, thereby limiting my possible blogging/commenting time to half of the original time available.

("Grandma, why is one of your breasts large and the other is small?" "Well little one, when I was nursing my third child, I had this blog ...")

Ahem.

This is why I'm not blogging much, not commenting much, and hardly responding to your kind comments at all. I am very sorry about this, but I am enjoying reading your own blogs and the comments you leave on mine immensely.

Now. To celebrate this, my 500th post, let me share and insane email that popped up in my Inbox this morning.

I have been receiving a ridiculous amount of spam email recently to my real account. I have no idea how my real address got 'out there', but it did. All of the spam gets promptly deleted, but this mysterious email came to my Inbox instead of my Spam box. So I read it.

Have you had this email? I bet I'm not alone. Read it and smirk:


Hello.

My name is Lilian i saw your proffle on email http://www.vixi.com.au/ and admire it i think we can make it together, therefore i would like you to contact me back throug my email address thus:( lilianfrank24@yahoo.co.uk) i will tell you more about myself and i will also send you my photo as soon as you contact me back. Hopping to hear from you soonest, UNDERSTAND THAT LOVE IS ONE, Lilian WITH LOVE AND TRUST Love & Kiss. ( lilianfrank24@yahoo.co.uk


I probably won't do anything about this email. But part of my just wants to string this sender along (a la Brad Christensen). Why am I too chicken to amorously reply, offering one of the following as a "photo of myself"?





10 comments:

Femina said...

Spam from Lillian Frank? Really? It seems so unlike her:

http://www.abc.net.au/dynasties/txt/s1239891.htm

(Sorry, I don't know how to turn it into a link in the comments section...)

Heather said...

Ack! Those pictures - esp the last one - made me snort orange juice into my nasal passages.

Now I really AM coughing! :P

But I'm so, so glad your dust storm problems are over!!

Now pardon me while I deal with the aftereffects of a citrus nasal lavage...

Joy said...

We're finally getting rain here after a terribly dry and hot summer. Ok. That is a weird e-mail. I usually get them that I've won the Nigerian lottery, but never one to hook up. I think if you e-mailed those pictures back with all the love and trust intended by them it would help you be removed from that e-mail list.

Keep doing what your doing. Yes, and please change sides occasionally. We don't want a lopsided Kate.
We completely understand. I'm just amazed you can post at all right now.
Give Joseph a little squeeze from me.

Joy

Tracy P. said...

Aaaacchhk! That just made me laugh out loud and scream all at the same time. I had to drag the comment box over the pictures just so I could compose myself. You should definitely send them!

Happy 500th post, and keep on feeding that boy. We will still be around when he is weaned. Glad the dust has settled!

Jen said...

You should totally reply with that first picture. That would be awesome!

stefanie said...

Congratulations on your 500th post!

I'm HOPPING you will send Lilian a photo since she admires your PROFFLE so. "She" deserves it.

Enjoy your baby Joseph. Blogs can wait.

Sassy Britches said...

So glad she's "hopping" to hear from you. Her breasts could probably withstand that. :)

Allegro ma non troppo said...

Yikes! Where did you get those pics?

Alison said...

Ack! Those are some scary-looking photos.

Glad the dust is gone!

tinsenpup said...

Hmm, yes... Asymmetrical breast sag is an important issue that many bloggers will face in their declining years... Glad you're thinking ahead. :)