13 September 2009

Calandiva

A long time ago, a very long time ago, I was sad. I can't remember why I was sad, but I remember that I was.

One night back then, there was a ring at the doorbell. I went downstairs, opened the door and there was Swift Jan. She'd bought me a little plant (a calandiva in a pot) and written a sweet card to cheer me up. Swift Jan is good at that. She will bless her friends when they need it, and she will also bless them when everything is fine - just because.

The calandiva was flowering. It flowered and flowered and flowered ... and flowered.


I'm good at killing sweet little plants in pots. But the calandiva was having none of that.


It is determined to cheer me up. It keeps on surviving, despite being owned by me. It keeps flowering and it keeps cheering me up.


And it keeps reminding me of Swift Jan and all my friends in my previous town.

Thanks for this lovely calandiva, Swift Jan. I love you guys.

5 comments:

Sassy Britches said...

Friends like that are few and far between. Bless you, Swift Jan.

Swift Jan said...

Oh WOW!! HOw gorgeous does it look! I had totally forgotten that I had given you that plant... When I bought it for you I didn't even realise it was a plant, I just thought it was a pretty flower LOL

So glad it brings you joy often :D

Femina said...

Ooh, pretty. Swift Jan is a gem.

Joy said...

That is a beautiful plant and glad it has such sweet meaning to you when you look at it.

Joy

sewfunbymonique said...

beautiful flowers, beautiful friends= a great day!!