27 October 2008

When Letterboxes go BOOM!

The other night at 2:15am, I was awakened by a loud noise. But I couldn't work out what it was, and in the darkness, I decided it must have been my imagination.

But yesterday when I was out walking with Sonny Ma-Jiminy and Smoochy Girl, an elderly neighbour told me that the loud noise was the sound of her letterbox getting blown to bits by a soda bomb, the pieces landing in three or four different yards.

That made me mad. It must be scary enough as a widow with grown sons, living on your own. Nobody needs the added scare of having people wilfully destroying your property for a bit of fun.

6 comments:

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

That is awful! I hope it didn't scare her.

I am supposed to let you know I tagged you on my blog - so now you know!

Femina said...

I know I'm going to sound 105 when I say this, but what's wrong with ringing the doorbell and running away as a practical joke? Does it have to be violent, illegal and destructive in order to be fun??

Dee said...

when I was little, our letter box, was ripped out of the ground and shoved in a hedge a few doors down,,,

As to Femina's comment, I used to do the knock and run as a kid to the neighbours.

Unknown said...

Man... crazy drivers and letter box bombings... I'd be looking into a new neighborhood!!

I agree with femina - what's wrong with a little ding & dash??

Kids these days.

Nauntie Lush said...

I'll bet it was those erratic drivers in their thongs that did it! You and she need to get them with a rusty knife or two and get their balls and eyes!

Then they can be on the wiggles, as pirate unics that sing with Captain Feathersword and fit properly in.

Givinya De Elba said...

You crack me up!