15 December 2010

You really don't need to come

To my sweet little guys,

You know I love you.  I enjoy being close to you and I miss the feeling of your sweet soft little bodies hugged tightly in my arms if I spend a few hours away from you.

But I would like to tell you this.  You don't have to go everywhere with me.

If I am in this room and move into that room, you don't have to follow.

If I want to go from that room into the other room, you don't have to come with me.

If I want to go into the kitchen to prepare a meal, you don't have to sit on the floor immediately behind me, nor to do you have to squeeze between me and the bench.

If I go to the bathroom, you really don't all have to cram in there with me.

I just say this to relieve you of the burden.

Mummy.

9 comments:

Emily Sue said...

Wait - why are you writing blog posts to my cats? ("It's okay guys... I can manage the toilet trip on my own. And you don't need to try pushing me aside to look in the bowl while I'm still sitting there.")

Cyndy Bush said...

Now that my kids have outgrown this stage, my dog follows me everywhere. I must have a magnetic personality!

Swift Jan said...

I like this post. I can relate quite well.

Heather said...

Amen, sister.

I only have one kid, but I also have a cat of the same mindset. At least the kid just talks to me from thisclose to wherever I am, whereas the cat likes to try to get in my lap at all times when a lap formation is present, like, say, when I'm trying to utilize certain facilities. Bleargh!

Apparently at some point, they will begin ignoring us altogether, and then we'll probably long for these days, right? The kids, I mean - not the critters.

Anonymous said...

If it's the kids - you will miss them when they stop. If it's the cats, they never stop.

Heartwarming, aren't I?

Loony Lace Lady said...

I agree with all of the above, and it is nice to have some privacy for certain things in life. It does come. Sometime they won't follow you and suddenly it will get through to you that they are quiet, then when you find the mischief you will wish they had followed.

Allegro ma non troppo said...

It's the sudden turn around that catches you. You swing around to go back where you came from, and step on small, reproachful people.

Givinya De Elba said...

I know. I can't seem to liberate the final small child from the car seat without other small children thrusting their body parts between my feet and the ground. Walking through the house is like wading through a sea of small people. Half of them have to be swept away from in front of my feet while the other half immediately take up the space in my wake. And there's only three of them.

CraftyMummy said...

You're way nicer than me about it...
I'd be saying things like "I can't make dinner with you between me and the bench, so no dinner tonight!" and "If you sit there, be warned that I might step on you or spill something on you!"
But Daddy walks around with "the barnacle twins" attached to his legs sometimes!