22 October 2009

I'll never be a "Pioneer Woman"

(Alt. title: "I'm boring even myself.")

One day long ago
when frustration was high
a blog was birthed here
called "Killing A Fly."

The dog had annoyed me:
I needed to vent.
To blogger-dot-com
I inevitably went.

I then started writing
at "Killing A Fly"
of kids, dogs and Brian
the fish with one eye.


My writing got better,
my readership grew,
though why you enjoyed it
I hadn't a clue.

Then slowly my blog
took a turn for the worse.
my literary output
fell under a curse:

The curse of the trivial,
the boring, mundane.
I blogged poo and vomit
to keep me half sane.

And little by little,
my "Killing A Fly"
has become so darn boring
it 'most makes me cry.

A "Pioneer Woman"
I never will be
I don't have her skills
at photography,

homeschooling kids,
cooking up feasts,
keeping the Ranch,
or castrating beasts.

My previous post
confirmed my worst fears:
I found I was boring
MYSELF close to tears.

I don't have a ranch,
or a story to please,
My kids didn't come
in twos or in threes.

My bloggable stories,
can't compare to "Graze"
And I don't end all posts
with a clever catch-phrase.

Chance I'll stop boring
my readers to death?
I'd like to say "high"
but don't hold your breath.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't been bored - I do read through google reader mostly so don't comment, because I am usually at work, and that can pass for a non time wasting site somehow. :)

Femina said...

Well, I'm not dead from boredom yet so you must be doing something right.

Allegro ma non troppo said...

You have an awesome gift for poetry.

You know what you need to do? Dig lots of dirt out of an empty space in the yard and make a sandpit.

You can do it! And something's bound to go slightly, but hilariously, wrong - and then you can blog it!

We love your blog.

Tracy P. said...

Oh, it's a rocky road, that road to comparing. I've been to PW, but I keep coming back to you. She's real, but you're real like me. ;-)

THIS is very cute!

Kimi said...

I'm new but I've not been bored so you must be doing something right!

sewfunbymonique said...

I love reading your blog! You are just you and what ever you write about, you are funny & interesting! Keep it up! I think you are just sleep deprived! :)

Anonymous said...

I've been a fan of PW for some time. Lately I've been thinking...how can someone really possibly live such a "perfect" life? Writing books, tv, magazine shoots, expert on everything, etc. I love your blog! It's real. Keep it going!

Nana Tantrum

Lauren said...

You are not boring at all! And I love you poems. Quite clever. :)

Jodie said...

Oooh, don't you dare stop blogging! And don't shy away from the 'poo and vomit' posts. We've built our entire blog on such material (well, mostly poo and wee, not much vomit). And, by the way, that's a fantastic poem!

Swift Jan said...

your bog is SO not boring!! love your poem

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

WONDERFUL! BRILLIANT! FABULOUS! YOU CLEVER GIRL, YOU!!!

Alison said...

No, you are NOT boring! I love the way you chronicle your life. I firmly believe that everyone has a story to tell, and if told honestly and from the heart, they are all interesting.

Hippomanic Jen said...

Well, I came over to check you out for the day and am incredibly amused by your poem. So no boredom here.

Jen said...

Boring you are not! You crack me up!!!!

Long dark hair, blue eyes said...

great poem!