18 December 2011

Red Cards all round

Jessie has a little writing desk in the corner of her room.  She often sits there creating lovely drawings for us, gifts of love for a family she adores ...


... on her good days.

However, she has recently started drawing us "punishment pictures" for when "people are mean to her."  This can mean when her brothers fight with her or when her parents discipline her, and now that we're one week into our six-week school holidays, that means ALL of us, ALL the time.

She gives these pictures out the way a soccer referee gives out red cards.  They involve a violently-orange, angrily-scribbled portrait of the offender designed to insult and humiliate us.  Gone are the intricate drawings of smiling family members with careful hands and feet and nice hair.  Here are some examples (I blurred out Mr de Elba's name in the top left):

We've all been red-carded.

7 comments:

Le said...

well expression outwardly is better than an ulcer :) she is talented :) le xox

Givinya De Elba said...

You're right Le, no chance of this one being passive-aggressive. She expresses herself. Sometimes I wish she wouldn't.

Givinya De Elba said...

Seriously, these are pictures of US. I asked. She says that it's a picture of that day's offender, and then she half-heartedly confesses, "I forgot how to draw people."

Swift Jan said...

LOL I had to see your previous post about Fat G to understand who the second picture is.. LOL Funny!

Tracy P. said...

Oh my gosh!! That's hilarious! At least she is an equal opportunity red-carder. I forget things when I'm mad too. I hope you have a special file for these things. You can very discreetly keep it under the title "retirement account". That's where I have my photos of Ben wearing Bethany's tutu, and other such things.

Allegro ma non troppo said...

You're sure in trouble when your kid calls you by your first names... What on earth did you all DO? LOL

Alison said...

Well, mine just screams at her brother. Lovely. I have escaped her wrath for now.