Whew! Christmas this year was a mammoth effort, with many different celebrations with different groups of people on different days. The saving grace was that all the days were low-key and we didn't go overboard with presents, food or anything else. It was just the absence of Nanna Naps each day that made me so exhausted.
The weather in our part of Australia has been much nicer than it was this time last year. We've had some showers at night but the days have been warm and sunny, and the children have wanted nothing more than to be outside enjoying it.
Apart from that, there's not much to report. Just trivia like:
- Mr de Elba shaved the dog again. She's remained tick-free since September, and she looks nice with her sleek Number One hairdo.
- If you choose to move Christmas festivities to a park, you're likely to get your photo in the local paper.
- If you stand lop-sided in the photo for the paper, you may end up looking like you're an A-cup on one side and a DD-cup on the other. Most people wouldn't notice this though: it would serve you well not to mention it to anyone and you may just get away with it.
- Kids are nice to have around. The six-week Christmas holiday is really an endurance event, but it is nice to have the little guys around.
- Soon they will all be fighting and I may retract that.
- Afternoon naps for everyone are great ... until bedtime blows out and everyone is up late.
- I keep thinking I should get on Facebook but I'm just not making the leap. It does look like fun though.
- My desk here would be a whole lot tidier if I didn't go to bed so early.
- Waking up early doesn't translate into a clean desk.
- I need to watch more TV so that I actually get the folding done. I just hate watching TV, that's all.
- Jessie may be the perfect nativity "Mary" in all the practices but end up crying and pouting through the performance due to a wardrobe malfunction involving her headpiece.
- Your blogs are all interesting and wonderful, and I may not have anything interesting to blog ever again until things start going wrong or falling apart again. Not that I'm complaining ...
Nice to chat with you again. We should do this more often.